* Conservatives do not call bullshit on other conservatives. Progressives will disagree openly on the wisdom of various plans and publicly debate the matter, which is why the Democrats present a less united front. Republicans present a solid face to the public because they don't like to fight in front of the children.
* What is it about people not perceiving the difference between how legislation is ideally supposed to work and how it actually performs in real world applications? Do they not see the gap?
* If we legalize marijuana and release the potheads, then the federal prison system can ship its minimum security inmates into state penitentiaries and close their country-club-esque estates. The states could use the prison subsidy, the Feds could use the states' better cost efficiency, and Wall Street could use the incentive of hard time to stop committing fraud.
* Today, November 10th, is the average date of the first frost in New York City. Protesters will soon start dying of exposure, tents or no tents. If the current regime are so set on defending tax loopholes and moral hazards that they will not start pushing through concessions now, they will have deaths on their conscience by Thanksgiving.
* If I had a list of short-term requests for OWS, it would be this:
Those are the not-factually-controversial things our government can do right now to fix the underlying problems that created this mess and keep it from happening again. By the time we've got those done, we'll have workshopped most of the other stuff into viability.